Welcome to Exhale A School of Dance! Thank you for considering Exhale for your family’s dance education. We offer empowering classes for all ages. Exhale has classes for the two-year-old gaining their independence, the adolescent that ‘just needs to move’, the student dreaming of becoming a professional, and the adult needing a place to de-stress with exercise and music. Exhale’s mission is to create technical, strong dancers that have a lifelong love for moving and learning. Our professional staff of dance educators brings this mission to life by creating a structured syllabus that emphasizes strong technique, dance history, and innovative choreography. We are excited to share our brand new, state-of-the-art facility with the Norfolk community.
Jen & ESD Staff
***COVID-19 REOPENING PROTOCOL:
- Staff will wash/sanitize hands prior to/at the conclusion of and between classes.
- Staff will avoid direct physical contact with children whenever possible.
- Staff will be diligently trained on procedures and prepared to enforce any distancing protocols.
- All surface areas will be disinfected/sanitized multiple times daily once reopened.
- Staff will not come to work with a fever or any other symptoms of being ill.
Entering/Exiting the Building & Class Info:
- Dancers must wear masks entering the building, and can pull them down when they are socially distancing. (Dancing and exercising with a mask on is up to each parent’s discretion. Exhale will reach out via email to determine your family’s preference.)
- As of now, parents are not allowed in the waiting area of the studio, so we will have you drop-off/pick-up the dancers in the back of the building where it says loading zone. We will run drop-off/pick-up just like Freeman-Kennedy. (We are currently working on a plan for parents to drop off/pick up at our door while remaining socially distant… we know this is important for our younger students. Check back soon.)
- Classes sizes have been reduced to 9 dancers.
- Dancers who have a fever or any symptoms should stay home. Dancers will always have the option to view or participate in the class virtually if they are feeling sick or simply ‘under the weather’. (Dancers who appear ill will be sent home.)
- Families should check their child’s temperature before attending dance class. (Due to high potential for children to throw a false positive/negative Exhale will not be performing temperature checks before allowing students to enter the building.)
As the current pandemic continues to evolve, we will keep families updated on new protocols and guidelines. Rest assured we will do everything we can to keep your family and our staff safe.